You like your carpet for the warmth it brings to your home, but you also don’t like it for the dirt and stain magnet it is!
Don’t worry, you can deep clean carpet by hand with some products that you probably already have at home.
Hand-cleaning your carpet is a great way to tackle those nasty spots and spills that your vacuum can’t touch, or when your carpet just needs a little freshening up.
But be careful, hand-cleaning your carpet can also backfire if you don’t do it right.
If you need to carpet cleaning in Adelaide, contact us.
You could make the stain worse or ruin your carpet fibers. That’s why we’ve got some tips for how to deep clean carpet by hand without a machine, or you can use some carpet cleaning services in Australia, we will recommend to you this article.
Hand cleaning vs. machine cleaning the carpet
Both ways have pros and cons. Hand cleaning is cheaper, easier, and greener than machine cleaning.
It also lets you focus on specific stains and spots that a machine may skip. But hand cleaning is also slower, harder, and less efficient than machine cleaning. It may not get rid of all the dirt and germs in the carpet, and it may make the carpet too wet or too dry.
Machine cleaning is quicker, better, and more handy than hand cleaning. It can remove deep dirt, allergens, and smells from the carpet, and it can dry the carpet fast and well.
But machine cleaning is also costlier, trickier, and more wasteful than hand cleaning. It needs renting or buying a machine, following directions well, and using more water and power. It may also harm the carpet if done wrong or too often.
Tips on clean carpet by hand
Banish Oily Patches with Gasoline or Vinegar
Soak a towel in vinegar and rub the oily spot repeatedly until it’s gone. You just eliminated the oily patches from your carpet.
Vinegar can also tackle surface stains, which are the most common and visible stains on your carpet.
- Just mix 1 tsp of vinegar with about 0.4 liters of water (two cups)
- Use a soft brush to scrub the stained surface
- Dry your carpet at room temperature to get rid of the vinegar smell
Freshen Up Your Carpet with Baking Soda
After regular use, your carpet may start to smell bad. If you have pets, you know how annoying this can be. Baking soda can help you get rid of those odors in the following way:
- Sprinkle 5 tsp of baking soda over your carpet
- Leave it for about half an hour without touching it
- Brush and sweep your carpet with a broom
The result is a clean and odorless carpet. If you have a white carpet, you can also use fine salt, starch, or even freshly grated potatoes to clean it.
Clean Your Carpet with Laundry Soap
Laundry soap can help you clean your carpet, but you have to be careful not to make it sticky or dull. Make sure you follow the steps carefully to avoid it:
Note: Never apply laundry soap directly on your carpet, as it can be hard to remove later
- Mix about 5 grams of laundry soap with about 0.6 liters of clean water
- Use a brush to spread the mixture all over the carpet
- Scrub gently to avoid damaging your carpet
- Finish by wiping the carpet with a damp towel
- Use a dry towel to dry the carpet and let it air dry at room temperature
Revive Your Carpet By Hand
To do this by hand, use ammonia.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of ammonia with 1 liter of water
- Spray and scrub your solution on your carpet using a soft carpet brush
- Then, wipe your carpet and let it air dry at room temperature, be careful to ventilate or even air condition the room because ammonia can have a choking smell.
After reading this article, you can clean your carpet by hand using natural and inexpensive products that you probably have at home.
Cleaning your carpet by hand can help you remove stains, odors, and dirt from your carpet without using a machine.
However, if you need professional help with your carpet cleaning, you can always contact Amax Clean Group.
They are a reliable and affordable cleaning service provider in Australia that offers a range of cleaning services.
Visit their website at amaxcleangroup.com.au and check out the services they provide for you now!